Monday, February 8, 2010

philosophy of life.


"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky

This is my philosophy about life. I believe that way to many people go about life scared to do things that they may later regret. This is why I think we need to take those good risks on life, and sometimes go for it. Many of the great professional athletes today will tell you that they aren't afraid to make the tough shots, because they trust themselves and understand the big reward which follows it. I can think back on so many times where I have decided not to do something, then later look back and say "now why didn't I just go for it". For instance I have a full size basketball court at my house, and usually practice shooting hoops on a regular everyday basis. I knew I was good, and so I told my mom this is the year, (since its my senior year) that I was going to finally play for the school basketball team. Well when the time came around to go tryout and play for the team I ended up not going out, and so I now deeply regret it. This is why we should live life by taking those good shots so that we can for example, raise are shot percentage and end up winning the game.

No comments: